|Note: This help article is about the old “browser-based” version of our kiosk. This version is no longer proposed to new clients since 2017, yet is still used by some older clients.
We recommend to switch to the native iOS version.
Please contact support if you have any questions.
This article explains which printers can be used to print a badge when checking in visitors from the application (see below).
You have two options for printing visitor badges:
- Use a DYMO LabelWriter printer (see references and main features)
- Use another printer connected to your computer that can print PDF files
Using a DYMO LabelWriter has an important advantage that makes it the default choice for the vast majority of our customers.
This is that the label gets printed automatically at check-in, which is a great timesaver for receptionists. The receptionist only needs to press the check-in button for the label to be printed.
If you use another printer, a PDF will open up at check-in, which can then be printed on another printer. While this results in slightly longer check-ins, this option makes sense for companies that need specific badges not supported by DYMO printers. For instance, if you need to print plastic badges on a specialized printer, this would be the correct option.
The image below summarizes the options and also shows what happens when you want to print from the application and from the kiosk.
- Receptionist prints from a desktop PC to a DYMO printer
- Receptionist prints from a desktop PC to another printer
- The same DYMO printer is used when the receptionist prints from a PC or when visitors check in on the kiosk
- See how to connect a DYMO printer to the receptionist PC
- See configuration options for the kiosk (depending on the hardware you choose for your kiosk)