|Note: This help article is about the old “browser-based” version of our kiosk. This version is no longer proposed to new clients since 2017, yet is still used by some older clients.
We recommend to switch to the native iOS version.
Please contact support if you have any questions.
This document explains how to create and configure a multi-company kiosk. Three steps are needed and are described in the rest of the document
- Create the tenants
- Get the tenants kiosk keys and paste them in the entrance kiosk
- (Facultative) Create a building view for reporting and compliance
1. Create the company accounts (tenants and building)
We’ll illustrate the whole process with an example in order to make it more concrete. Imagine the following situation:
- Let’s say you’re working at GPM (Global Property Management), a Property Management company with hundreds buildings and millions of sqm in portfolio
- Today, you need to implement Proxyclick in one of the buildings you manage, called “Artemis”
- There are 6 tenants in the building:
- Johnson Controls
Situation is depicted below:
First thing you need to do is to create one Proxyclick company account per tenant and one account for the building. This article explains why it is important to create all these accounts (vs. for instance managing 1 building in 1 single company account)
For this, starting from your GPM account, you go on “View all sites” and create the different accounts (please enter every time the same address).
When creating your tenant’s account, you can:
- Remove/keep logo
- Copy the settings of your home account (here GPM account)
In each tenant account:
- Please copy the kiosk key on a separate file (e.g. a txt file). You find this key in Account & Settings > Kiosk > Kiosk List (https://app.proxyclick.com/vm/settings/kiosk/list)
- We also strongly recommend you invite a “Proxyclick admin” at each tenant so this admin can
- (i) upload the tenant’s logo (will be on the kiosk). Note: you can do this yourself
- (i) import the list of employees into Proxyclick. This is crucial, both for the speed of the check-in process (fast employee recognition) and for tenant satisfaction (hosts receive very convenient check-in notification)
- (ii) adapt the layout of the tenant kiosk pages (logo, background, custom fields if needed)
- (iii) see the list of visitors
In order to do this,
- Inform them by e-mail. You can send this sample e-mail (with explanations) to your tenants before inviting them on Proxyclick
- Invite them. Once in their company account, click on “Invite” and check the admin box (so they have the rights to perform the actions you’ll ask them by e-mail)
Note you’ll have access to all these accounts from your personal profile (they just “add up” in the site selector):
Next, you create the building account and copy the building kiosk key and the PIN code of the kiosk. You find this PIN code in Visitors > Settings > Kiosk > General.
Please also adapt the layout if needed (eg below we upload an image of the building).
This is what the txt file would look like with the kiosk keys and the PIN code:
Please print it and go to the kiosk.
2. Link the kiosks
Enter the kiosk key of the building.
Open the settings (bottom right), enter your PIN …
… and you’ll land on the kiosk settings page. Select tab “kiosk multi companies” and enter the tenants’ keys.
(Note: if visitors also need to be be able to check in for the “tenant” Artemis, then please create a second kiosk in the Artemis account and enter this second key in the screen below. The first key is indeed already used to activate the multi-company kiosk)
Once done, hit the close button and you’ll land on the multi-tenant kiosk screen.
Done, now visitors can select the company they’re visiting and will then enter the check-in screen of the tenant (example for Pepsico below).
3. Create a building view (facultative)
This facultative step has no impact on the kiosk itself but has 2 advantages:
- It enables you to have an emergency list at building level (vs. different lists at tenant level).
- You’ll also be able to view tenants by building vs. in a long list (useful if you manage many buildings)
In order to create a building view:
- Go to your home company account (this is the account you land in when you log in). In our example this is the GPM account
- Go to Reports > Groups
- and hit button “Add Group”
- Enter name of the building:
- Add the tenants:
Once done, when you click on the “All sites” icon in any visitors list …
… you’ll land in an overview where tenants are grouped by building and where you can print emergency list(s) at building level.
Please note that these views are individual. So if you manage all buildings you’ll have access to all emergency lists. But if your colleague only manages 1 building (and associated tenants) he’ll only have access to that building emergency list.