- The benefits of using the Proxyclick Outlook add-in
- How to install the add-in
- How to use the add-in
Benefits of using the Outlook add-in
The main benefit is that your colleagues can pre-register the visitors into Proxyclick directly from their Outlook calendar. No need to log into Proxyclick.
They could already do this through our standard calendar integration. However, the Outlook add-in comes with greater advantages compared to the standard integration.
- The process is easier to learn and remember as your colleagues will see a big Proxyclick button in their ribbon
- If your colleagues are in different Proxyclick locations, they can pick the location of the visit directly in Outlook
- Your colleague can enrich the visit with a comment to reception and/or any custom field
- The add-in detects missing info and therefore minimizes errors
How to install the add-in
- A supported client:
- Outlook 2016 (Click-to-Run) for Windows
- Outlook 2016 (MSI) for Windows
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2013 for Windows
- Outlook on the web (Office 365 and Outlook.com)
- Outlook Web App (Exchange 2016 On-Premise)
Unsupported clients are
- Outlook Web App (Exchange 2013 On-Premise)
- Outlook for iPhone
- Outlook for Android
- User email exists in at least one Proxyclick location. This concretely means the user sending the meeting request must have a user profile in Proxyclick
- Plan Large or Free Trial
- If you use SSO: see additional note at the end of this article
Steps to follow:
- Open Outlook and go to Email > Store
- Click on “Click here to add a custom add-in”
- Click on “Add from URL” and paste the following URL: https://outlook.proxyclick.com/assets/manifest.xml . Confirm the installation.
How to use the add-in
- Create a new meeting request in Outlook and click on the Proxyclick button
- Log in with your Proxyclick username and password. You’ll only need to log in once.
- Once logged in, you’ll be able to select your Proxyclick location and fill in any custom field.
- Once the meeting request is sent, the info will appear in the Proxyclick dashboard.
Additional note if your company uses SSO
- If your company uses SSO, Proxyclick only stores the username (email) of the users, but no password
- Outlook add-in requires email and password
- Solution is then to create a specific user manually in Proxyclick (eg email@example.com) with a password
- Every user would use that username to log in the add-in
- Host would still be the Outlook user, not the firstname.lastname@example.org. In other words, if Barbara Stevens logs into the add-in with email@example.com and creates a visit, the visit will appear into Proxyclick with host = Barbara Stevens
- The user firstname.lastname@example.org needs to have access to the locations the Outlook users need to have access to