There are four main benefits to such an integration:
- Network security. You provide internet access to your visitors without exposing your network; access is managed and tracked at individual level (via unique credentials)
- Professional image. Receiving personal credentials via text seconds after check-in provides a strong first impression to your visitors
- Less hassle for IT and reception staff. No need anymore to request access codes in advance to IT and / or to print them manually
- More productive meetings. Meetings can start earlier when your visitor does not need to wait for his code for the first 5 minutes
The visitor perspective
Here is how the process works from the visitor perspective:
1. On the iPad, as a visitor, I am asked to enter my mobile number.
2. A few seconds after check-in, I receive my personal Wi-Fi access codes via text.
3. At the end of my visit, when I check out via the iPad, my access codes are automatically revoked.
Here are a few tips to make this process a great visitor experience:
- Only ask mobile number to the visitors who need Wi-Fi access by using smart rules and inserting a Yes / No screen before the mobile number screen. (Only visitors answering “Yes” will be asked their mobile phones).
- Explain why you ask the mobile phone. You can edit the text in Account and Settings > Kiosk > Languages and text.
- Personalize the text message e.g. by adding the opening sentence “Welcome to [company name]”. See the set up guides listed below.
How to set up your Wi-Fi integration
Please contact us in order to check if the Wi-Fi integration is included in your Enterprise plan or requires an extra fee. This depends among others on your Wi-Fi system and the number of text messages that need to be sent.
The technical set-up depends on the Wi-Fi system you’re using: