- What is an external watch list?
- How to setup an external watch list?
- How does it work?
What is an external watch list?
Proxyclick supports two types of watch list: internal and external.
- An internal watch list is a watch list that is created and managed within your Proxyclick account. You can find more information about internal watch list in this article.
- Now, on the opposite side, Proxyclick also supports external watch lists. External watch lists are not managed inside Proxyclick: they are not created in Proxyclick and you can’t add or remove records from it directly in Proxyclick. Instead, you create a link between an external watch list provider and your Proxyclick account.
Why would you do that? Because external watch list providers maintain an incredible amount of records in different watch lists. They update their lists often and their matching methods are highly configurable.
For the moment, Proxyclick supports one external watch list provider: Visual Compliance.
Visual Compliance is a restricted party screening solution whose core business is to ensure that organisations fulfill their screening requirements and reach the highest compliance standards.
Common lists screened against in Visual Compliance include:
- Export-related Restricted, Denied, and Blocked Persons Lists (e.g. Department of Commerce, Department of State and the Treasury)
- Law Enforcement-related Wanted Persons List (e.g. FBI’s Most Wanted)
- Sanction Programs-related Blocked Persons List (e.g. United Nations consolidated list)
- General Service Administrations Lists (domestic)
- Multiple additional lists related to Wanted Persons, Politically Exposed Persons, and International Terrorists and Blocked Persons
How to set up an external watch list?
First, you need to have an account with Visual Compliance. To do so, you can send an email to VCforProxyclick@ecustoms.com. Visual Compliance will provide you an access to a free trial and tailored setup assistance. They will explain and help you select the lists you want to check your visitors against. They will also help you configure the matching method that will suit your compliance needs the best.
Then, you need to add the Visual Compliance integration to your Proxyclick account. To do that, head down to Proxyclick’s Marketplace and install Visual Compliance.
Finally, Proxyclick will ask you to give two information to be able to establish the link with Visual Compliance:
- Your security number
- Your password
Once connected, you’re ready to go. Next time a visit is created in Proxyclick, the screening of the visitor will be done in Visual Compliance too.
How does it work?
When a visitor checks in or when a new visit is created (pre-registered) in the system, Proxyclick will now also check your visitor information with the external watch lists provider. The way your visitor information is matched with the external watch lists is configured on the provider side. All the records and the maintenance of those records is done by the provider.
Proxyclick processes the information received from the external watch lists provider and will send a message (email and optionally a text message) to the watch lists Alerts recipients configured in the watch lists settings.
Note that you will always find all your Visual Compliance screenings on the Visual Compliance web portal with all additional information your security/reception staff may need to take the right decision.