In order to enable this feature, please make sure that:
- You are on the right plan; a LARGE or ENTERPRISE plan or a Free Trial is required
- You are an Administrator for the account
- There is one (and only one) agreement defined in the settings
- There is a validity period for the agreement. The agreement must indeed remain valid between the moment of signature and the actual check-in
- You use iPad app version 2.3.0 or higher
How to activate this feature
You can activate the feature in Account & Settings/Kiosk/Agreement (NDA …) as shown below.
How to ask a visitor to sign the agreement in advance
There are two main ways:
- When creating a visit (useful for hosts)
- From the logbook (useful for receptionists)
When creating a visit
When creating a visit, hosts just need to tick a box (see below). This will send an automatic email to the visitor asking him to sign the agreement in advance.
This email is sent in addition to the invitation email (vs. being merged into the invitation). True, this means the visitor can receive 2 emails. But it also has two important advantages:
- A very clear call-to-action (“Please prepare your visit”), leading to a high percentage of visitors signing the Agreement
- The ability to resend the email if needed (without re sending the whole invitation)
Email requests to sign the agreement in advance can also be sent to every visitor of a group visit.
When creating a recurring visit, the visitor will only receive one email. The agreement will stay valid for the duration of the agreement validity period. In case the agreement expires before the end of the recurring visit, you can send a new email request from the Logbook (see below).
From the Logbook
It is also possible to send the email request to sign the agreement in advance from the Logbook after the visit has been created. The easiest way to check the agreement status of a visit and to send a new email request is to use the “Agreement” column in your Logbook (see below).
It is also possible to select multiple visits and send email requests in bulk (see below). This allows busy receptionists to better manage visitor flows ahead of time. When they see many visitors have not signed their agreement yet (e.g. by looking at tomorrow’s logbook), all they need to do is to select these visitors and send them the request.
If an email request to sign the agreement in advance has already been sent, the Logbook will show a mention “Link sent”. If you need to re-send the link, just use the action drop-down menu as shown below.
Where can I see if a visitor signed the agreement in advance
As soon as the visitor signed the agreement, you will see it in the Logbook (see the mention “Signed” for visitor Edith Linwood in example above).
If you need more info, all you need to do is to open the visit and go to the activity tab where you’ll see a detailed log (see below).