What is ID Match?
ID Match is recent feature of Proxyclick, currently in Beta version.
ID Match allows you to automatically verify the identity of your visitors by comparing the face of the visitor on their ID with the picture taken by the iPad and producing a score based on similarity. This matching score (between 0 and 100%) is displayed in the Dashboard. The name of the visitor as read from the ID is also displayed in the Dashboard.
ID Match is therefore a security and compliance feature and helps security and lobby staff to decide who can enter the building without extra manual check.
How does ID Match work?
The video below shows how a visitor checks in using ID Match and the result on the Dashboard.
Does it work with different types of ID?
Yes, the library is continuously updated to support IDs from 200 countries and all 50 US states. We support different types of documents such as driver’s licenses, state IDs, national IDs or passports.
What is a good matching score?
By default, the threshold is set to 50% (higher scores will be considered as a match). If you’d like to change the threshold, just let us know and we’ll be happy to do it for you.
What information does Proxyclick store (privacy)?
Proxyclick does not store the picture of the whole ID (this would have significant privacy implications).
Proxyclick only stores:
- The picture of the visitor (from the ID)
- The name of the visitor parsed from the ID (via Optical Character Recognition)
No other information from the ID is stored.
Do I need a custom ID holder?
Here is a picture of the custom ID Match holder. It comes with card holder mounted at the back.
For testing ID Match with real visitors, we strongly recommend to use the holder. If you don’t, it takes too much time for visitors to correctly position their ID in front of the back camera.
However, if you would like to test the feature yourself, you can do it without a holder. However in this case, you may notice:
- The easiest way is to put your ID on a table and position the iPad above it. Holding the ID in front of the camera can cause some difficulty, which is why we recommend the holder
- It’s essential to put the iPad close enough so the ID takes up most of the picture (if the area around the ID is too large, the name might be not recognized)
How do I test it concretely?
For the software:
- We recommend you create a new (test) location first. The reason is the ID Match feature is a location setting. In other words, you cannot have iPads with and without ID match on a given location. All iPads on a given location are either with or without ID Match
- Please contact us so that we can activate the feature on your test account (we can do this very fast)
- Please make sure you have the iPad app version 2.4.0 or above
For the holder:
- Please let us know if you would like to order a holder. The holder comes with an iPad built in (5th Generation, Screen Size: 9.7”)
How much does it cost?
- During the Beta period, using the feature will be free as long as a you are on a paying plan with Proxyclick and as long as you remain below 1,000 check-ins per month. Above 1,000 check-ins, 10 cents will be charged per check-in.
- After the Beta period, the cost per location will be as follows:
- You’ll need an Enterprise plan
- An extra cost of 200$ / month will be charged for a volume of check-ins below 2,000
- Above 2,000 check-ins, 150$ / month will be charged for every block of 1,000 visitors
- Note: most locations are well below 2,000 visitors per month
- Holder and iPad is charged 900$ + shipping costs
What is my role during the Beta period?
Your role will be to use the product and report us your feedback: positive, areas for improvements, visitor feedback … We’ll incorporate your feedback in short release cycles in order to release the public, final version. We’re looking forward to working with you on this exciting addition to the Proxyclick solution!