- You see visitors checking in on the iPad but not popping up on the Dashboard
- You bring changes in the Dashboard (e.g. a new expected visitor) and these changes do not appear on the iPad
The status is also helpful if you need to check remotely which iPad need to be updated to the latest iOS or the latest Proxyclick iPad app version.
You can monitor the status of your kiosk(s) in real-time. The status is available on the iPad and in the Dashboard (on your computer).
Checking the status on the iPad
Two icons will help you assess the synchronization between the iPad and the Dashboard:
- The connection icon (left in the image below). This icon is displayed when the iPad cannot establish a connection with the Proxyclick servers
- The queue icon (right in the image below). This icon is displayed when one or many visitors could not be sent to the Proxyclick servers. Hence, these visitors are queued in the iPad’s temporary database until they are sent successfully.
These icons are visible enough for your front desk staff to confirm the cause of synchronization issues but discreet enough so your visitors continue to check in. It is important they continue using the iPad as their visits will be pushed to the Dashboard when the connection gets restored.
Note: you need iPad app version 2.7.0 to see both icons. If your version is between 2.2.0 and 2.6.5, you’ll only see the connection icon.
The table below describes the 4 possible scenarios and provides directions.
Checking the status In the Dashboard
- You need the right “Access to visitor settings” (see this article about managing users’ rights)
- The version of the Proxyclick iPad app on the iPad needs to be 2.2.0 (or higher)
The status can be seen in Settings > Kiosk list:
The status is displayed for every kiosk. As you see below, different types of information are given:
- The (connection) status
- The last time a connection could be made with the iPad
- The iOS version of the iPad
- The version of the Proxyclick iPad app on the iPad
(If you’re using older versions of the Proxyclick iPad app, you’ll see less information).
Status can take 5 values:
- Online. This means the iPad is currently in sync with the Proxyclick Dashboard. Everything is working as expected.
- App closed. This means the Proxyclick iPad app was exited manually by pressing the Home button once (app in the background) or twice (app killed)
- Connection loss. This means we lost the connection with the iPad for another reason than the app being closed. This can happen when the Wi-Fi/Internet connection is lost while the Proxyclick app is open.
- Unknown. This means the Proxyclick kiosk app needs to be updated. Please ensure the Proxyclick iPad app version is 2.2.0 or above.
- Not activated yet. This means the kiosk has not been activated on an iPad yet.
Of course, in many cases, you’ll want to be informed of a connection loss without having to go to the kiosk page. This is why a red status light is shown directly on the Dashboard in case of a connection loss.
The status is checked every 30 seconds as you can see in the upper right corner of the kiosk page (diagram below). If you don’t want to wait for the next check, then you can launch it manually at any time.