- The benefits of using the Proxyclick Outlook add-in
- How to install the add-in
- How to use the add-in
- How to enable centralized deployment
Benefits of using the Outlook add-in
The main benefit is that your colleagues can pre-register the visitors into Proxyclick directly from their Outlook calendar. No need to log into Proxyclick.
They could already do this through our standard calendar integration. However, the Outlook add-in comes with greater advantages compared to the standard integration.
- The process is easier to learn and remember as your colleagues will see a big Proxyclick button in their ribbon
- If your colleagues are located in different Proxyclick locations, they can pick the location of the visit directly in Outlook
- Your colleague can enrich the visit with a comment to reception and/or any custom field
- The add-in detects missing info and therefore minimizes errors
How to install the add-in
- A supported client:
- Outlook 2016 (Click-to-Run) for Windows
- Outlook 2016 (MSI) for Windows
- Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Outlook 2013 for Windows
- Outlook on the web (Office 365 and Outlook.com)
- Outlook Web App (Exchange 2016 On-Premise)
Unsupported clients are
- Outlook Web App (Exchange 2013 On-Premise)
- Outlook for iPhone
- Outlook for Android
- User email exists in at least one Proxyclick location. This concretely means the user sending the meeting request must have a user profile in Proxyclick
- Plan Large or Free Trial
- If the Microsoft Add-In Store does not appear in Outlook – You must use centralized distribution
- If the Microsoft Add-In store does not show “Add by URL” option – You must use centralized distribution
Steps to follow:
- Open Outlook and go to Email > Store
Note: If the Microsoft Add-In Store does not appear in Outlook – You must use centralized distribution
- Click on “Click here to add a custom add-in”
- Click on “Add from URL”
Note: If the Microsoft Add-In store does not show “Add by URL” option – You must use centralized distribution
4. If you are not using SSO, paste the following URL: https://outlook.proxyclick.com/manifest
If you are using SSO, use the following URL: https://outlook.proxyclick.com/manifest?companyId=CO-XXXX where CO-XXXX is your own Company ID (found in the SSO URL or any Dashboard URL). Your users will have the possibility to log in through your SSO provider:
Confirm the installation.
How to use the add-in
- Create a new meeting request in Outlook and click on the Proxyclick button
- Log in with your Proxyclick username and password. You’ll only need to log in once.
- Once logged in, you’ll be able to select your Proxyclick location and fill in any custom field.
- Once the meeting request is sent, the info will appear in the Proxyclick dashboard.
How to enable centralized deployment
To install using Exchange server (2013+):
- Log in to the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) and select organization > apps (for Exchange 2013) or organization > add-ins (for Exchange 2016).
- Select the add icon (+) and then Add from URL.
- Supply the Proxyclick Outlook Add-In URL (https://outlook.proxyclick.com/assets/manifest.xml)
and then select Next.
- The Proxyclick Outlook Add-In will appear in the list
- Double click the Proxyclick add-in to edit it.
- Select Make this add-in available to users in your organization.
- Select the user defaults appropriate to your organization, then save (we suggest “Mandatory, always enabled” for best uptake)
- After a re-launch of Outlook, your users will now see the Proxyclick Add-In when in a meeting creation view.