- Plan Large and Enterprise
- Admin access to Proxyclick
Examples of non-AirPrint printers are
- Zebra QL ZXP Series1 (prints in color on plastic badges)
- Evolis Primacy (prints in color on plastic badges)
- Dymo LabelWriter 450 (or 450 Turbo)
For this, you’ll need to have a Windows PC between the iPad and the printer (AirPrint printers do not require this intermediary PC). The printer needs to be connected to that PC and the PC needs to be on the same network as the iPad (most often the WiFi network, see the diagram below).
Two programs need to be installed on the PC
- The driver of the printer. This guide assumes you already have installed the printer driver
- The Proxyclick proxy: needed for the communication between the iPad and the printer
Once the requirements have been checked, please follow the following 3 steps.
1. Install Proxyclick Print Proxy
Please download the Proxyclick proxy on the PC. Then run the wizard and install the proxy.
2. Configure the proxy
Now that the proxy has been downloaded, let’s make sure the proxy points to the right printer and the right badge in the printer.
- Still on the PC, look for the proxy Application icon in the Notification area (normally on the bottom right of your screen). Right-click on the icon to open the menu, then click on “Open Playground”
- This will open the following window:
- Click on “Print”, then select your printer and select the correct Media, that is the reference of the badge placed in the printer (this is very important).
For the majority of printers, Horizontal and Vertical Alignement is “Center” (e.g. Dymo Labelwriter, Brother QL820NW, etc.).
3. Select the print method
Now is the time to specify to the Proxyclick iPad app to point to the proxy on the PC. This is done from the dashboard in Settings > Badge and printer.
Note: the default printing setting is AirPrint, the settings page will probably look like this:
If so, please contact us: we will switch the printing method to non-AirPrint.
After the change, the page will look like the one below:
- Write the IP address of the PC on which the proxy is installed (and not the IP of the printer).
- Important, please make sure:
-The IP address is fixed (static)
-The port 50080 and 50443 are accessible
– The iPad and the PC are on the same network (most often the WiFi network)
- Click on “Get printers”. The list of printers should appear.
- Select the printer from the list.
- Now go to the iPad, close and relaunch the Proxyclick iPad app and check 2 visitors in. Your badge should now print.
If it does not print please check this troubleshooting guide.
Install Proxyclick Universal Print Proxy on a Windows server
When printing from the iPad kiosk, you can decide to install the print proxy on your server. If you want to have the proxy running as a service, please download the version available here.